Football season is in full swing and I sure hope your team is doing better than my awful Cowboys smh… Regardless of how bad your football team may be, one thing that is sure to brighten your day is this delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Farideh kicks the dish up a notch by roasting a whole chicken, shredding the meat, and frying up the skin for a crispy garnish.
Farideh then whips up some homemade ranch dressing. With mayo, sour cream, buttermilk, white vinegar, garlic powder, dill, and chives– and adds blue cheese crumbles and shredded cheddar for good measure.
She then adds in Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce, the chicken meat, and cream cheese, mixes it all, and pours it into a baking dish, topping it with extra cheddar.
Ingredients For BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- 1.5 lbs of chicken (shredded) – Use a rotisserie chicken from the store or cook one yourself
- 1/2 diced onion
- 2 packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 package of ranch seasoning mix
- one cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup Franks Red Hot sauce (or your favorite buffalo sauce)
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder (taste as you go – the ranch seasoning package has plenty of salt).
Method For BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Also, put your cream cheese on the counter to soften a bit. Shred a rotisserie chicken and remove bone, cartilage, skin, etc.
- Once your chicken is shredded, take a knife and cut it up into small bite-sized pieces.
- Dice your onion and sauté in a tbs of butter until cooked through. Next, add in your chicken, ranch/blue cheese, and ranch seasoning packet.
- Next, begin to mix in your cream cheese.
- Once the cream cheese is incorporated, mix in your hot sauce and half of your shredded cheese (Preserve the remainder of shredded cheese to top your dish with)
- Once everything is incorporated – taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper & onion, garlic powder as needed.
- Finally, top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until browned and bubbling.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or baguettes.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Full Nutritions:-
- Dietary Fiber:
- Saturated Fat:
- Vitamin A Iu:
- Niacin Equivalents:
- Vitamin B6:
- Vitamin C: